Embrave: Agency to End Violence (formerly known as Interim Place) wants to hear from you! We embrace brave, inspire bravery, create systemic change to end gender-based violence in our community. We are a non-profit organization that provides shelter, counselling, and advocacy supports for women, two-spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary folks and their children impacted by gender-based violence. We amplify the voices of survivors, educate the community, and inspire systemic change to create a society free of violence.
To learn more about Embrave, visit: http://www.embrave.ca
We are seeking two Residential Food and Nutrition Workers. The Residential Food and Nutrition Workers will support residents and their children through meal preparation, food and supplies coordination, cleaning and organizing the kitchen, pantry, and storage areas, and maintaining the safety of the shelter premises.
What to Expect in the FNW Role
- Prepare meals for residents and incorporate cultural food and dietary restrictions into meal planning.
- Clean kitchen, pantry, and storage areas including appliances and shelves according to the Health and Safety Standards.
- Maintain, order, stock and inventory of all household supplies & equipment, prepare & place orders, and complete weekly grocery shopping in consultation with residents and staff.
- Purchase and prepare snacks for children’s lunches and after school.
- Maintain positive relationship with residents’ work with them around food and other nutritional or dietary needs.
- Conduct weekly residents’ meetings.
- Assist in orientation to shelter and preparing of the departure package items for residents.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures as outlined by the organization to minimize risks.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the effective operation of the agency including supports with intake and crisis lines.
FNW: University or college education in a related field, such as Culinary Arts or the equivalent in education/work experience and a minimum 2-years experience preparing and cooking in restaurants/institutional or similar setting, including cultural food preferences and dietary restrictions.
- Up to date Food Handlers Certification.
- Current First Aid and CPR level C training is required.
- Must have a G driver license and a reliable car.
Hours of Work
37.5 hrs. per week. Non rotational shifts from Mondays to Fridays: 12:00pm – 7:30pm.
Salary: Hourly Rate $21.57.
Embrave is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the communities it serves. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including:
- First Nations, Métis or Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples.
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion, spiritual beliefs or place of origin.
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations.
- Persons with visible or invisible disabilities.
- Survivors of the psychiatric system/consumer survivors.
- Two-Spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary people.
Please send a letter of application and current resume to Embrave: Agency to End Violence by May 9th 2022 utilizing the Charity Village, Please include in your cover letter the position you are applying for.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will provide employment accommodation if we are advised of an applicant’s needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Embrave: Agency to End Violence is a unionized workplace with OPSEU. This position is within the bargaining unit and as such the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Full Time Position
Full-Time job (37.5 hours per week).
$21.57 an hour
Date of Posting
April 22, 2022
May 9, 2022