We seek 1 full-time Manager of Programs and Services. The Manager of Programs and Services is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of the agency shelters, programs, and services. The Manager of Programs and Services works in collaboration with the Director of Programs and Services to establish program policies and procedures and is a member of the management team.
What to Expect in the Manager of Program and Services Role:
- Ensure all services are provided from a feminist, anti-oppressive, anti-racist, gender inclusion, decolonizing, and harm reduction framework
- Work with the Director of Programs and Services to establish service targets and standards, and to conduct service planning
- Work with Director of Programs and Services to plan, formulate and recommend programs and services, along with the necessary policies, which will further the objectives of the agency
- Analyse trends in programming, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions
- Act as the IPAC lead to ensure implementation of IPAC standards
- Develop service management team
- Supervise the Supervisors and Program and Services Coordinator, providing ongoing guidance, support, coaching and feedback
- Evaluate performance of staff according to agency policies and ensure appropriate training and development is provided
- Oversee Internal Committees (Social Justice, Anti-Racism & Anti-Oppression, Indigenous Justice, Harm Reduction, Health and Safety)
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities as required
- Participate in community education events, and advocacy
- Participate in ensuring 24-7 back up supports for the 24 hours services
- Ensure adherence to all Embrave Policies and Procedures
- Assist with other duties as required, from time to time, aiding with the efficient operation of the organization
- University or college education in a related field, such as Indigenous Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Sociology, Social Justice, Assaulted Women’s and Children’s Program, or the equivalent in education and extensive experience
- Understanding Gender Based Violence (GBV) as a complex social problem and the intersectionality of sexism, racism, classism, colonialism, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, sanism, etc. on survivors’ lived experience of violence.
- Experience working in a social service/social justice organization and within a feminist, anti-racism and anti-oppression, harm reduction and disability justice framework.
- Experience with program development, implementation, and evaluation
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong management and supervisory skills
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, identify causes, gather, and process relevant information, generate innovative and creative solutions to problems.
- History of bringing creativity and best practices to an organization that is aiming for growth and can motivate and inspire staff
- Ability to work with deadlines and other conflicting priorities simultaneously with the ability to prioritize.
- G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
- Preference will be given to a person who identifies as an Indigenous person.
- 2nd language an asset
- Certification in Health & Safety considered an asset
Scope and Accountability
The Embrave Management team will work closely together, and this position will report the Director of Program and Services or designate. Full Time ( 37.5 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work when required.
Embrave is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the communities it serves. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including:
- First Nations, Métis or Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples.
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion, spiritual beliefs or place of origin.
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations.
- Persons with visible or invisible disabilities.
- Survivors of the psychiatric system/consumer survivors.
- Two-Spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary people.
To apply: Please forward a resume and customized cover letter in PDF format, subject line: Manager of Programs and Services, to Winnie Chu, Executive Assistant, Embrave Agency to End Violence, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your compensation expectations and why you’re the right person to help us succeed in our fundraising and development efforts. Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Notwithstanding, all applications must be received by 11:59 pm on November 1st, 2021.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will provide employment accommodation (i.e., an accessible location, technical aids, accommodation during the interview, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holidays, etc.) if we are advised of an applicant’s needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Full-Time job (37.5 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work when required.
Date of Posting
October 18, 2021
November 1, 2021